Monday, November 06, 2006

2ND PLACE!

First off let me apologize personally to all my loyal readers, all 7 of you. I know after the World Series ended you've been on this website refreshing it every 5 minutes only for my drab, depressing World Series preview to pop up. Well, good news, I'm done pouting and ready to accept reality.

After punching a hole in a wall in my house after game 4 and literally almost having man tears come down my face as I was dressed as Master Splinter during a Halloween party at my house during game 5...I feel like I'm almost ready to embrace the off-season. Almost. First off, I want to give a hearty wag of the finger to the Tiger's World Series performance. It's incredibly bittersweet that the Tigers played their two worst weeks of baseball during the last week of the regular season and the World Series which cost us a division and world championship. 5 errors in 5 games by the pitchers. I felt like my heart got mcgahee'd. This was simply one of the stupidest championship performances I've ever seen.

Now, that I've once again needlessly depressed myself yet again, I'm starting to twitch uncontrollably at the thought of 2007. Our pitching should be as good if not better then this year. With Don Slaught "wanting to spend time with his family," hopefully Leon Durham will be promoted and we can learn one of the basic rules of baseball, that is taking a pitch and swinging at the pitch you want and not being at the mercy of the pitcher every game. One of the most important off-season moves was already made, and that was re-signing Dombrowski to a 4 year extension. Even though I still might want to judo chop him for the 2003 season, he has proven that he is one of the elite GM's in all of baseball. I mean, we traded an attempted ax murderer for the future ALCS MVP. That's smarts.

This off-season is going to be to be sexy. So far, we've been rumored to be acquiring Barry Bonds, Manny Ramirez, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Carlos Lee, Alfonso Soriano, Frank Thomas, Adam Dunn, Aramis Ramirez, Mark Teixeira just to name a few. We are also rumored to be trading everyone not named Zumaya, Verlander and Guillen. So, this might actually be interesting.

146 days until opening day, Go Tigers.

No comments: