Sunday, January 28, 2007

I Hate The Florida Southern Moccasins

Do you remember when the world was gripped with macarena fever? No matter what your background was, it was unanimous, the macarena dance was cutting edge and it was fantastic. That summer everyone walked around with a hop in their step knowing that literally at any time their favorite song could play. That summer was electric.

I'm starting to get that feeling again. In 18 days, pitchers and catchers report. That's right, the roaster, Jay-z and vance "danger" wilson will be back. This make me so excited that I started taking steroids just so I can rage with the best of them come opening day. In 30 day's we have our first game. The schedule makers didn't take it easy on us ONCE AGAIN as we start up against the hated moccassin's from Florida Southern again. Top Slugger Nick Diyorio has graduated for the Moc's but the workhorse Dan Albritton returns for his senior season. The Moccasins (#4 pre-season DII) have a relatively young team but head coach Pete Meyer expects the hard work in the off-season to pay off. When I reached Meyer for comment he repeatedly asked how I got his cell phone number and how I knew his wife’s name. He sounded petrified. This match-up with the AL champions really has him unnerved.

Fox Sports is also bringing Christmas early/late this year. They are going to replay in their entirety the 7 straight wins over the New York Kim Jong-Il’s and the Frank Thomas led Oakland A’s. Frank Thomas was a force to be reckoned with in that ALCS. So, check your TV guide channel for viewing details. Usually, it’s channel 16. I’m fairly certain that’s what it will be for you.

Last thing, Sheffield is going to wear #3 for the Tigers. You’d think this would upset me, being that Trammell is one of my favorite Tiger’s of all-time, but it doesn’t. I don’t know why, I feel like this is the trivial BS that usually sets me off. I guess I just don’t have the energy for this right now. Maybe when it’s warmer out, or something. Sheffield said he’s wearing the #3 as tribute to Trammell, yadda yadda yadda, I don’t believe him, but I guess I just don’t care for some reason. Oh well.

63 days until opening day.

Oh, and I apologize for the extremely poor comparison I used at the beginning. I just felt like we hadn't talked about the macarena in a while.

2 comments:

Brady Green said...

Tigers 2007 TV schedule...161 out of 162 televised.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6420976

Anonymous said...

Nice Tv sked, they were 30th in the league in televised games last year.