Thursday, July 27, 2006

35 over .500. Not too shabby, Pahdnuh

Last Tuesday night wasn't a good night. I was robbed at gunpoint while driving in the mean streets of Huntington Woods and had a gun put to my head while my cell phone and wallet were stolen. Eric, who was serving as my Rod Allen for the night also had his wallet stolen and was punched repeatedly in the face. To quote Rod, "They were beatin' on him like he stole something!" Except, obviously he was getting punched and robbed, so I guess that doesn't really fit. Obviously, feeling like you were about to get shot in the back of the head is a lousy feeling, but it's nothing compared to the feeling of losing to Cleveland. The Tigers won the finale, thus taking the series, and all was well again.

Being the first victim of an armed robbery in Huntington Wood's in multiple years is kind of an odd feeling. I mean, being that it was me, that’s a hell of a way to end the slump. Basically, I’m about as surprised that I almost got shot on Dundee as when Alexis Gomez gets a base hit. I found out that since my wallet was taken the two perp's used my credit card 6 times in a matter of an hour or so. What makes this even worse is the fact that they bought gas 6 fucking times, nothing else, just fucking gas. So now I have to live with the fact that my credit card's last dying action went to supporting terrorist regimes. That's a hell of a thing to have on your conscience.

Welp, the Tigers end their road trip by visiting the two ugliest stadiums in the over 100 year history of professional baseball. Obviously, I'm talking about the Metrodome, and Tropicana field. The Twins are now tied with the White Sox. So hopefully we can bash around the Twins and the ghost of Kent Hrbek. True, Hrbek’s not dead, but that man ruined many nights for me when I was wee lad. Luckily we get to face Liriano and Santana in this series, so it's basically safe to assume a sweep is merely a formality in this series.

Here is carlos guillen's walk off HR against the KC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-Ri48dtik&search=detroit%20tigers

The drunk who is filming this from what looks like the Tiger den does a good job of setting the scene. Unfortunately this just stirs up fond memories from my stolen cell phone. No joke, my ring tone was Mario Impemba. It was quite honestly very pathetic. But I loved hearing Impemba's golden vocal chords scream repeatedly "ANOTHER WALK-OFF HOMERUN FOR THE TIGERS!" over and over again. Usually, I'd just let it go straight to voicemail and enjoy it in its entirety.

Here’s a friendly reminder, if you really want a Chalupa from Taco Bell and your in Huntington Wood’s… just remember to weigh the pros and cons. For example, the cheesy/meaty goodness of the Chalupa vs. the possibility of getting shot in the face. Personally, I’d still go with the Chalupa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you but I don't think I will be able to emotionally move on until we get our taco bell.

-Rod

Anonymous said...

the hardest times of our lives always occur before the best times. As i like to say it, "A storm before the calm."

-Meathook