Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"WOOOOOWEEEEE"

If you're confused about the meaning of this title, go to this and watch it a couple thousand times... http://youtube.com/watch?v=JKF8M8fM44E. This homerun was easily the most important Tiger home run I've seen in my life. I'm not counting anything pre 1990, because I'd equate my intelligence at the time to a brain dead fetus. I wouldn't even be surprised if Rod Allen talked to Craig Monroe during batting practice, and this had a calming influence on him which allowed him to hit the clutch homerun.

Another important thing happened in that series against the new york king bowsers, the mlb debut of andrew miller. The good doctor came in and pitched a scoreless inning of relief. Usually when a player is drafted in the mlb, it takes him a couple years minimum. For miller, he pitched 9 innings total in Single A ball and we decided he was ready. Could you imagine making your MLB debut, in yankee stadium, during the middle of a pennant race? The only debut that I think was more anticipated was the debut of steve nebraska in the scout. and that movie sucked.

OBSCURE EX-TIGER OF THE DAY....Nook Logan

This former Tiger was traded to the Washington Nationals for a player to be named later. Obviously, we got the better end of this trade. This former Fanatic U spokesman, made "speedy" sanchez look like Lou Brock. (see the commercial here, http://www.fanaticu.com/customer/home.php click on CMO AND DMITRI under "commercials). Nook will probably serve as a lifetime pinch runner, because, well, he can't do anything else remotely well. This much ballyhooed CFer will fade into Tiger's lore as one of the least talented "baseball" players to ever wear ye olde' english D.

While i was concocting this think piece, the zumaya comcast commercial came on. Is comcast high speed internet really as fast as a zumaya fast ball? Oh man, that commerical is well done.

Today is my 22nd birthday. World peace, eternal happiness, those are swell, but I'd definitely rather have a Tiger's series win over the mariners. Or, Rod Allen to show up at my birthday party at Discovery Zone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOWEEEEE! Happy birthday brosef.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brady, come down to the Majestic, I'll buy you a drink...Or have someone else pay for it at least...

Anonymous said...

Here's another obscure Tiger for that ass: Skeeter Barnes!!! Remember the Upper Deck baseball card "shrine" I had taped over that Casio keyboard looking CD player? No? Maybe it's cos you were 7 at the time...a mere 15 years ago--Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

wooweee~! happy birthday kimera bartee~! September 6th has always been special to me, you, sir, are adorable. I'ts your 21st birthday and it doesnt matter cause you've been drinking since you were 12 and driving since you were 14. happy birthday tim nguyen, happy birthday.

(im cheering for the tigers in the rubber match even though i just bought a ruben sierra mariners t-shirt jersey)

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, but in particular this post has so much worth responding to that I had to contribute.

I have a signed Logan jersey, I'll never forget how surprised he was when I brought it up to him before a road game in Cleveland, probably the first and only one he has ever seen. I think he will make it, but mostly so my jersey doesn't become too infamous, people comment on it at games all the time.

My personal favorite obscure Tiger is either Darnell Coles or Matt Nokes, but my buddy always rocks a Chet Lemon shirzee that seems to be pretty popular with the ladies as well.

Anonymous said...

^Also, The Scout is fucking terrible.

Anonymous said...

happy birthdat old fart, nook logan will come back to haunt us, just like every other detroit athlete who removes himself from the clutches of the great detroit sports fan (yeah)and goes on to rock stardom, in dog years your like 150 years old, have a good one